Vermont Painting Residency

This is a good opportunity for me to paint. Away from responsibilities at home, and away from work and wonderful clients. I'm here to focus on PAINTING! A note for NEW blog viewers: if you'd like to read chronologically, begin with the posting at the bottom. The most recent postings are at the top. Additionally, one can double-click on most images to enlarge for more detail.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Painting Party at Pearl House

Not what you are thinking. Painters don’t always have to paint on canvas. The following photos show a few of my painting buddies, Erin, Ivette, and Elizabeth. We are in the sitting area above my room in Pearl. The first photo is them busy painting their toenails. In the second photo, they are thanking Roger for packing a bag of snacks for our 14 hour driving trip last week (guess he thought he could bribe me with sweets when I became too unruly...didn't work...I think he said something about tranquizers for the ride home).
Because the food has been so healthy, good and filling here at VSC, I’d not been tempted to raid the snack bag in my car. That is until Elizabeth said the pedicure party wasn’t complete...we needed junk food. No one really wanted to make a run to the store in the rain...then I remembered the snack bag. The party had been saved! The girls had originally threatened to paint my toenails…but thanks to the sweets, chocolate and Poppycock…everyone was fulfilled…and my toes were spared.