Vermont Painting Residency

This is a good opportunity for me to paint. Away from responsibilities at home, and away from work and wonderful clients. I'm here to focus on PAINTING! A note for NEW blog viewers: if you'd like to read chronologically, begin with the posting at the bottom. The most recent postings are at the top. Additionally, one can double-click on most images to enlarge for more detail.

Friday, May 12, 2006

On the way to VT

With a car packed full of art supplies and a few personal belongings, we began our trip early this morning at home in Charlotte, NC. 11 hours and 700 miles later, we've made it as far as Kingston, NY (about 45 min. south of Albany). The driving weather was great and the natural landscape along I-77, I-81 and I-84 was beautiful.

We traveled from the Blue Ridge mountains, through the Shenandoah Valley, the Poconos and now the Catskill mountains. It makes sense, but I hadn't realized that I'd get the chance to re-experience Spring. I will get the opportunity to see fresh foliage and flowers emerging for a second time this year.

Our ultimate destination, Johnson, VT, is about 4 hours further. See more information at: http://www.virtualvermont.com/index.php?loc=http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/johnson.html